WELCOME

This is a record of my journey in our garden.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Red Lace Leaf Japanese Maple.


I bought this tree 2 years ago and planted it after my youngest daughter left for college. It was my consolation purchase. I was a little nervous about what life would be like with both of my daughters off to college. When I told Kate I was feeling lonely so I bought a tree, her reaction was not positive at being replaced by a plant. Well it survived the winter and so did I. In the spring last year it was full of buds ready to burst out. Then it started to rain and those of you who are in the Chicago area will remember it rained and rained and rained. The buds never bust! I had neglected to pull back the heavy winter mulch and as for as we could tell, it drowned. My husband kept telling me it was dead and I kept saying the trunk was alive. Eventually we cut the top off and waited to see what would happen.

Is it dead?
YAY!!!
It survived
So this year we decided it had to be moved, it was about 4ft and now it is more like 18-24 inch soooo.  Now where to put the pot, I knowThere by the front entrance behind the Japanese Painted Fern and the Heuchera.And how has life been without my children, not so bad. I have learned to let them go, celebrating their independence and my own Independence for that mater. Oh and instead of obsessing about my children I have found a new obsession. Its so much more fun, can you guess what it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...